After a whopping 15 years as ED’s bookkeeper, our amazing mind-behind-the-money is retiring. Truthfully, she’s been trying to retire for years…. But just can’t stay away and I certainly wasn’t rushing her out the door. That being said, it’s time to seriously seek a new bookkeeper to keep up with the energetic ED team as we move into year 17! (what!?)
The person we’re looking for is a SAGE Accounting Guru that knows the importance of good financial planning, reporting and LIVES in the DETAILS. This is a contractor position that has an estimated 10 -15 hours of work per month. The hours are not guaranteed and are an estimate. It’s likely the workload will vary month to month based on the number of projects going on and business requirements during year end.
This position reports directly to ED’s Owner and will have a transition period with support from ED’s current bookkeeper. We are open to working with a company or an individual for this role so long as the person performing the work is highly skilled, open to working through the 90 day transition period and is committed to treating our business as their own.
Summary of Tasks & ED Processes
- Google Business – Gmail, Google Drive, etc.
- Sage Accounting
- Basecamp (Project Management)
Tasks & ED Processes
- Set up Client Profiles in Sage as new projects begin
- Create invoices based on project working agreements and billing cycles
- Schedule reminders and send invoice installments based on billing cycles
- Allocate the staff hours and track the costing for each project based on monthly invoices received from ED contractors
- Follow up on client payments
- Track project expenses as they are submitted (monthly) from ED staff
- Invoice clients for project expenses as needed or at the completion of the project
- Proactively provide reporting such as summary of costing vs actual, profit & margin, staffing hour status per project.
- Monthly meetings with ED Owner
- Payment to ED Contractors – review of invoices for accuracy, inputting to Sage Account.
- Annual T4A Statements to Contractors
- Complete year end and communicate with Accountant for filing and submittals
This is not an exhaustive list of what all is included in the role as I’m sure it will evolve as we find the right fit for our small but mighty crew. If you have any questions or would like to submit a resume or proposal please email firstname.lastname@example.org